Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul H Chu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul H Chu has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Paul H Chu has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I have been suffering from this pain in my stomach for about a year and a half. I've gone to several doctors to see what the cause is. I basically gave up, but decided to give Dr. Chu a try since one of my friend highly recommended him. I'll be honest, I went in with the hopes that I'll walk out with a prescription that won't even cure my problem. I saw a long waiting room, but I took that as a good sign!! I figured, if I go into a restaurant that is slow, I wouldn't trust the quality of food So why shouldn't I expect the same from a doctor's office? Thus.... I prepared myself for a long wait which actually turned out to be less than 20 minutes until I was called in. When I met Dr. Chu, I though his approach was really friendly that I immediately felt comfortable with him. He asked me several specific questions, and told me before he sends me for any tests which might be unnecessary he wants to understand the details of when I experience the pain in my stomach. I am not to get to personal with my diagnosis. However, I am going to say that Dr. Chu did not give me any guesses for what he believed was the cause to my pain. He did some check-ups, and noticed an abnormality that simply required some medical attention. He was very knowledgeable and thorough with his diagnosis. I walked out of there with a piece of mind knowing that FINALLY I know the cause to a pain I have been suffering from for almost 2 years. I am extremely happy that I have found a doctor who I can TRUST and RELY on!!! Thank you Dr. CHU!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
26 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Paul H Chu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul H Chu in this video.
Dr. Paul H Chu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.