Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul H Cohen has the following 1 specialty
- Legal Medicine
Legal medicine specialists advise on a variety of laws and regulations regarding health care and public health. This include disability claims, hospital law, privacy laws and physicians’ obligations and liabilities. They typically have a medical degree and a law degree so they're able to address specific legal issues that apply to medical professionals, hospitals and clinics.
Compared to forensic medicine, which deals with determining cause of death in criminal investigations, they deal with issues that impact patient care and they’re also typically involved in assessing illegal substance use in athletes.
Dr. Paul H Cohen has the following 7 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Paul H Cohen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Cohen himself is actually a very nice man, who seems to genuinely care about patients and the job he does. On an organizational level, the office is a bit of a mess, I'm afraid. First off, sixty eight dollars - even with insurance - for a suppository prescription does seem a little bit much (but hey it's NYC, who am I to judge?) More importantly though, a word on the transaction itself: it took the staff over two month's time after my mailing the check (which didn't have that far to travel) to cash it. Which - because yes, I really am that poor (art student on food stamps living in a garret here) - screwed me over considerably, as by the time they kinda felt like cashing it, it put my account into overdraft. (Again, yes, I really am that poor.) The imperious call I received from his office, in response to my newfound status as a deadbeat check-bouncing thief, was about as helpful as it sounds. If, dear reader, you're above such concerns (and I hope of your sake that you are), are a big enough fan of daytime television to watch over an hour of it as you wait, are willing to shell out around seventy dollars for what amounts to a fancy version of Preparation H, all for the sake of enjoying the dulcet-toned charm of Dr. Cohen as you sit in his office, chat about the wife and kids and vacation plans etc., while your butt's on fire, then by all means. Go for it. And if you have a condition more serious than hemorrhoids, he does strike me as a man who knows what he's doing back there. But if any of the above strikes you as a hassle ... I'd steer clear.
Dr. Cohen is an excellent doctor! I've never, (and I mean never) met a Doctor who was so in touch with his humane side. He is very kind, and I watched him speak to all his patients as individuals with individual concerns, not like others who give you halfway answers or no answer at all. I really like him and have told everyone I know about him. In fact my daughter is about to make an appointment with him soon! He's Dr. of the year in my book!! :)
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
33 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1985
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. Paul H Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPaul H Cohen Md, 1336 Utica Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Paul H Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.