Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul H Nguyen
Dr. Paul H Nguyen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sycamore, IL. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Nguyen is affiliated with Kishwaukee Community Hospital. Dr. Nguyen has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul H Nguyen has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul H Nguyen has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Atrial Fibrillation
- High Cholesterol
- Women's Health
- Heart Block
Dr. Paul H Nguyen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 36
His diagnosis of my condition was spot on. I am very pleased and thankful for the care that Dr. Nguyen has provided me.
Dr Nguyen may come off like he knows his stuff(and may in many cases). But for mine, he was wrong, I was correctly diagnosed by other cardio dr at a University hospital where tricky or more rare health issues can be dealt with and where the cardiologist was more up to date and knowledgeable. But it wasn't just his insistence that my condition was brought on by anxiety(proven wrong at my other cardio Dr and tests proved it to be a real physical health condition causing the issues), it was his arrogance that bothered me and his desire to make everybody else working around him jump at his directions, he clearly made others feel put down or feel like he was always ready to jump on somebody if they didn't respond to his questions or direction fast enough. He needs to settle his demeanor way down and realize he isn't perfect- nor elite.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Nguyen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Mercy Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Paul H Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsElite Cardiology Solutions, 2550 Hauser Ross Dr Ste 325, Sycamore, IL
Dr. Paul H Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sycamore, IL.