Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul N Hazelbaker has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul N Hazelbaker has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Paul N Hazelbaker has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 22
I was a patient of Dr. Hazelbaker's for yrs. He was always professional, kind and understanding. I have been searching for him with no luck! I want him to know that I stopped smoking and doing medication for a couple of yrs. now. Listened to his good advice. However, I do have other health issues that need addressing, and if anyone out there knows where he is practicing, please post it on the internet! Thank you!
I was under Dr. Hazelbaker's care for a number of years until 2012 when I went to an appointment and he was not there, and never would be back. I appreciated the way he practiced without fear of reprisal and willing to perform simple procedures efficiently and quickly. He was great at diagnoses and explained his rationale clearly and concisely. I have not found another doctor and have felt truly abandoned by Mr. Hazelbaker. I have been denied the prescription that he recommended and so have many sleepless nights. Frankly, I am not concerned about my health care any longer, so will just wait for emergencies to arise. Very sad.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Hazelbaker is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1996
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Paul N Hazelbaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsOceanside Health Center, 605 Crouch St, Oceanside, CA
Dr. Paul N Hazelbaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oceanside, CA.