Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr MD
Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr - Posted on October 19th, 2018
Not going back
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr - Posted on June 27th, 2018
I had a colonoscopy about a month ago, the procedure was horrible was never like that before. I was awake and it hurt. I had a polyp removed and called twice for results and as of today I have not heard anything from anyone at that office. I am not going back there. The two nurses in the recovery were wonderful but the Dr. or anesthesiologist no way. I sit and think well they would call if it were something bad, “or would they”????
Doc just want to thank you for thinking of me for the 72 mg of Linzess. It's so comforting to know you really care about my illness's thanks again your the best. Pray this medicine works. Debbie Gallagher
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr - Posted on April 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr - Posted on February 2nd, 2017
Top of the heap, best of the best!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr - Posted on April 18th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
33 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine
Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES, 6410 W Gulf To Lake Hwy, Crystal River, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr, MD - Gastroenterology in Crystal River, FL, in this video.
Dr. Paul A Hellstern Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Crystal River, FL.