Dr. Paul D Hierholzer Is this you?

16 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Paul D Hierholzer?

Find another physician!

I do not recommend this physician. My son went in with fever, swollen glands and very swollen throat. Dr. H. checked ears, throat, chest but did NOT check his temperature, abdomen nor did he culture my son's throat or mono spot test. He gave my son a prescription for amoxicillian and sent him quickly on his way. Unfortunately once my son had taken the amoxicillian, we could not go back and culture his throat. So now we simply have to wait to see what happens. I have since spoken to several physicians and they have all agreed that this was quite irresponsible practice of medicine. Today, in addition testing for the exact problem when possible, it is recommended that physicians avoid overuse of antibiotics. Dr. H showed little regard for current medical standards. Further to his lack of professional medical treatment, the day after my son's visit I tried to follow up with the doctor. No one answered his phone. A machine eventually picked up and said "the machine has not been turned on". I myself think this doctor's training is not turned on and recommend you find a another doctor in the area. I suspect there is a reason there is no wait time to see Dr Hierholzer.

Dr. Paul D Hierholzer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somers Point, NJ.