Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Holtzheimer III
Dr. Paul Holtzheimer III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA, with another office in Lebanon, NH. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Holtzheimer is affiliated with Emory University Hospital, White River Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Wesley Woods Geriatric Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Holtzheimer III has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I first met Dr. Holtzheimer while doing ECT treatments at Dartmouth Medical Center. He immediately inspired confidence in me and encouraged me to join the Mood Disorder Clinic at Dartmouth as well to take care of my ongoing depression. He is well educated, intelligent, personable, caring, and up-to-date on all of the latest research. He knows a lot of information without being arrogant about it (I find this to be a rare quality in psychiatry in general). I could not give him a higher rating.
I was not his patient and only spoke with Dr. Holtzheimer for about an hour on the phone; however, when you have dealt with enough of these doctors, you can really tell. Dr. Holtzheimer is one of the good ones. He seems to know his field inside and out and have very solid and sensitive judgment. He seems extremely compassionate towards patients' situations as well as generous with his time. He is not one of the "defensive" docs who never really believes a word you say. I am not local to him, but if you are, he seems like an excellent doctor to choose.
Dr. Holtzheimer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Emory University Hospital
White River Junction Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Wesley Woods Geriatric Hospital
Emory University Hospital
14 Years Experience
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Paul Holtzheimer III accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul Holtzheimer III in this video.
Dr. Paul Holtzheimer III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.