Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul T Homsy has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Paul T Homsy has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
Dr. Paul T Homsy has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paul T Homsy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
This office usually runs late. Doctor then takes you back and you have to remind him of your last visit and what meds you are on. If you forgetful or wrong and quote a doseage incorrectly, he is quick to let you know you were wrong. Called in for a question and no one returns your call although they state they will respond with in 48 hrs, NOT
BEWARE of Angela Alise the nurse. I originally tried to schedule Dr. Holmsy buy they only had openings for Alise. If I could give a negative rating I would, but I have never been made FELT so insignificant in my life. This was my initial visit and I had to walk out of the appointment 7 minutes into her interrogation and belittling of a new patient. It's hard enough to go see a psychiatrist and admit you might need some help, but this is why I NEVER GO BACK. She is an interrogation nightmare. I now will need to see another doctor to discuss my interaction with this so called doctor. This practice needs to better review their doctors prior to putting them in front of patients. To make matters worse she just walked into the office and called me back 2 minutes into her walking in for the day and she begins her berating of me. Other potential patients need to know about this.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
34 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1984
Christus Health System
Dr. Paul T Homsy accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsCopperfield Psychiatry Pllc, 7825 Highway 6 N Ste 101, Houston, TX
Dr. Paul T Homsy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.