- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul W Hornberger MD
Dr. Paul W Hornberger, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Santa Rosa, CA, with other offices in Santa Rosa, CA and Santa Rosa, CA (and 1 other location). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul W Hornberger has 4 locations
1210 Sonoma Ave Ste B
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
34 Mark West Springs Rd Ste 100
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
34 Mark West Springs Rd Ste 200
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul W Hornberger has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul W Hornberger has the following 21 expertise
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Portal Hypertension
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Fecal Incontinence
- Liver Cancer
- Gallbladder Diseases
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. Paul W Hornberger is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Not the best bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul W Hornberger - Posted on March 14th, 2018
Dr. Hornberger knows his stuff. He can be gruff but he does not talk down to you and he answers questions intelligently and in layman's terms. I saw him initially after a c diff intestinal nastiness and then have had two colonoscopies. He is thorough and his surgery is outpatient which means much less time in the recovery. If you want a high level of care and don't mind his occasionally gruff manner, he is my go to gastroenterologist.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul W Hornberger - Posted on May 12th, 2015
I had a horrible experience with Dr. Hornberger and his staff. After spending hundreds of dollars on tests and appointments this doctor still can not even come close to telling me what is causing my allergies (even though I am clearly allergic to the sun and just looking for a simple solution). It seems that all this doctor is interested in is getting me back in for more appointments and more unnecessary testing then rather dealing with what I already know about my allergies. I've experienced other doctors like this who only care about racking up appointments and money and not caring about the health of his patients. I felt like this doctor was taking advantage of my situation and I would not suggest going to him.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul W Hornberger - Posted on December 15th, 2010
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
32 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Paul W Hornberger Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul W Hornberger, MD - Gastroenterology in Santa Rosa, CA, in this video.
Dr. Paul W Hornberger is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Santa Rosa, CA.