Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul V Hyde
Dr. Paul V Hyde, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. He has 52 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Hyde is affiliated with Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla and Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas. Dr. Hyde has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul V Hyde has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Paul V Hyde has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 17
For how highly recommended Dr. Hyde came, I was surprised at how quickly I was able to get an appointment. I'd been diagnosed with thyroid cancer at the end of May and I saw him just a few weeks later and had my thyroid out by end of July. He made the incision right in the natural crease in my neck and sure enough it healed beautifully and no one would ever know I had surgery! I now notice thyroid surgery scars on people and I'm just so grateful that I had Dr. Hyde to take such good care of me! His PA was also wonderful and followed up with me several times, the whole staff was great and I would trust Dr. Hyde with any future surgeries.
Dr. Hyde is both a wonderful surgeon and a wonderful human being. I choose to use him even though he was not in my HMO health network and I am so glad that I did. His genuine concern for others is obvious, and his attention to every detail as a surgeon is obvious as well. I had a Friday surgery and he called me on Saturday with some pathology results and saw me Sunday to remove my dressings. I felt total confidence that he would do everything necessary in the lumpectomy necessary to maximize my chances of long term survival and yet he was also cognizant of trying to achieve a good cosmetic appearance. Dr. Hyde has the integrity and care as a human being and a surgeon that is rarely seen today and I cannot say enough about him. The nurse who took care of me agreed with me and said,"We all go to Dr. Hyde to ask all of our questions and he always helps us. We don't know what will he do when he retires, but he said he has no immediate plans to do so."While I hope to not need his help again(in other words, I hope I do not need surgery again), I know that if I do he will be the one I will turn to.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Hyde is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
52 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Paul V Hyde accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Associates Of La Jolla, 9850 Genesee Ave Ste 660, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul V Hyde in this video.
Dr. Paul V Hyde is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.