Have you seen Dr. Paul J Dougherty?

Dr. Dougherty and his staff are amazing!

Finding DLV was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I lived 29 years squinting my way through life. Dealing with contact lenses was a nightmare and I lost so many pairs of glasses I lost track, I allowed fear to keep me from my best possible vision. I ended up having PRK is Beverly Hills as that was the best laser for my prescription (DLV has 3 different lasers!) here I didn't feel like just another number, I felt like I mattered. From the warm welcome at front desk to the very knowledgeable techs and everyone in between, I was listened to and handheld through the whole process. I now see 20/20 and am beyond amazed that it took me so long to have surgery. Dr. Dougherty is a refractive genius!

Talented & compassionate doctor

Earlier this year, I was referred to Dr. Dougherty to help correct a complication associated with cataract surgery. Little did we know how complicated my journey to good vision was going to be. At various times during the corrective process (which lasted well over a year), I was nervous, scared, and so tired of it all. Dr. Dougherty personally assured me that he and his team were going to take care of me until I had the best vision possible. I'll never forget that... it was a defining moment in my care. I'm so pleased to report that all the work and care provided by Dr. Dougherty has resulted in the best health and vision possible for my eyes. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Dougherty and his entire team. I feel very lucky to have been referred to him and cannot recommend him highly enough.

Ruined my eyes

Ruined my eyes...go elsewhere

100% Satisfied with my post cataract vision!

I am a practicing optometrist in Camarillo. For over ten years I have referred my patients to Dougherty Laser vision center for cataract, and laser vision surgery including LASIK and PRK. I perform all the post-op follow up care for these patients. The precise and consistent vision results that Dr Paul Dougherty achieves is amazing. During this past year I developed significant cataracts that required surgery. For me there was no other choice for a surgeon to operate on my eyes. I have worn glasses since I was was eight year old. I was never a good candidate for contacts or LASIK vision correction. The options for cataract surgery however offer opportunities to be eyeglass free. Dr. Dougherty sat down with me and discussed all the options that were appropriate for my particular case and then decided on a surgical plan. I had my right eye done first that provided me with perfect distance vision. I had my left eye done a few weeks. My left eye had astigmatism so we decided to implant an astigmatism correcting lens which also focused my eye at near so I could work and read up close without any glasses. For the first time since age 8 I can work and play without glasses. The only glasses I now need are non-prescription sunglasses. My entire experience at Dougherty Laser Vision was a joy and very professional. The staff all took very good care of me and treated me with compassion and professionalism. Thank-you Dougherty Laser Vision for the wonderful care you and your staff have given to me and the hundreds of my patients you have cared for. Dr. Michael Ross, O.D.

Amazing Experience. I can see after my LASIK!

Every aspect of my experience with Dougherty Laser Vision was positive, professional and my vision is amazing! My LASIK was easier than I thought and my vision is better than in my contacts. Dr. Dougherty even called me the night of surgery to see how I was doing! Don't go anywhere else for LASIKS.

FIVE STAR EYE DOCTOR!

I couldn't be more pleased with the results of my cataract surgery with Dr. Dougherty. He is a world-class surgeon and has so many years of experience , that you do not have to worry about anything!

Loved my RLE surgery with Dr. Dougherty

Had refractive lens exchange with the Symfony lens and no more glasses or contacts! I'm seeing near, intermediate and distance and loving my new vision. Dr. Dougherty and his staff were kind, caring and so professional.

I am so grateful to Dr. Dougherty and his staff for the amazing gift of vision. From the beginning to after my surgery everyone was caring, attentive, and professional. Dr. Dougherty has given me the gift of vision with the Symfony lens. I've worn glasses since childhood, I was legally blind, and now my reading vision, computer and distance is great!

As a practicing optometrist for over 50 years in Ventura, I feel that I am in a position to judge outstanding care provided to patients, family members and myself, who have had surgical procedures with Dr. Paul Dougherty. I have sent hundreds of patients to Dr. Dougherty who have had superior outcomes. Dr. Dougherty performed a very complex surgery on one of my family members, involving removing a contact lens that was surgically implanted inside the eye for 15 years. He then closing the surgical incision, the patient was re-draped with sterile drapes and after 'scrubbing in' again, Dr. Dougherty reentered the OR, made another incision and performed cataract surgery, which was the second procedure. Few people in the world can successfully do that type of surgery with a great outcome. Because Dr. Dougherty can do the highest level of surgery is why I trust my patients, my family and my eyes to Dr. Paul Dougherty.

ABSOLUTELY phenomenal results!!

Everyday it gets sharper. Immediate 20/20 and almost no downtime for Visian lens implants. Professional, Southern-like hospitality, and truly caring staff and surgeon. I can't say enough, except that everything happens for a reason and I'm glad we waited for Dr. D. No way I'm taking chances with anyone else. Coming from a -10.00 (i.e., hefty near-sightedness) to 20/20 on Day 1 after the ten-min procedure...ten-min and my whole world is glasses and contacts free! Thank you, Dr. Dougherty. Hi-five to your awesome staff who explained everything well and was uber patient with my hyperactive toddler companion. It's no wonder you are the surgeon other doctors go to for their own eyes.

Wonderful Experience!!

The staff was exceptionally friendly and made me feel very comfortable. They even offered an array of beverages and fresh cookies. The procedure was very quick and painless. I didn't even experience pain the days following the surgery. Dr. D is very knowledgable and takes the time to address any concern and hesitations. I highly recommend him! It was pleasant experience- plus I can see better then ever! Thanks again.

Choose The Best

When I first was interested in getting my eyes fixed, I had two main concerns- cost and quality. So when I was referred to Dr. Dougherty by a friend, I took the time to research him in depth. Everywhere I looked was filled with reviews of his quality care and how he is one the leading eye surgeons in the United States if not the world. But I'm the suspicious sort, so I decided to still wait till after I had met with him before forming anot opinion. Upon meeting Dr. Dougherty, I realized that he was someone who was driven to do the absolute best he could with everyone on his patients and that's what I want. Someone who is talented, experienced and driven to excel. My surgery was prompt, the care him and his staff gave me made me feel important and most importantly my eyesight has gone from just barely above legally blind to better than average. My life is better now, in ways that I honestly can't explain succinctly. Its all thanks to him and his team. Do the smart thing and invest your time into someone who will heal you. Go see Dr. Dougherty. Buy his book. He really will change your life.

Dr. Paul J Dougherty is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Camarillo, CA.

Dr. Paul J Dougherty Is this you?