Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul J Wang has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul J Wang has the following 14 expertise
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Block
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
- Fainting (Syncope)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. Paul J Wang has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Wang is my hero. He was excellent in providing me care but he was also very warm individual. He's always smiling and when I was scared to death going into surgery he put me at ease. I had two surgeries with him. Both were successful and his follow up was fabulous. I love his staff, and I love this doctor. Just today I am recommending him to another candidate for SVT. I looked at the reviews of this doctor and I am shocked, I didn't experience ANY of these issues. He is an excellent doctor and the results are what matter. I don't have SVT anymore. My quality of life has changed because of this Doctor.
This doctor made many errors in my late husband's treatment. 1.Prescribing a drug strongly not recommended per the Physician's Desk Reference on drugs because my husband had 3 of 4 conditions for which the drug is counterindicated 2. Not recommending he be put on the heart transplant list when his condition worsened, even though the heart transplant doctors were a hundred feet from Wang's office 3. Not properly programming his ICD, resulting in a VT incident which caused a near fatal accident 4. Not forewarning him that an asthma attack could trigger a severe VT incident, knowing my husband had asthma and another cause of the accident. 5. Not coming up with a replacement drug when the most common drug treating tachycardia started effecting my husband's liver and thus it was not advisable to continue his use.Let the buyer beware of this doctor.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
35 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Paul J Wang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul J Wang in this video.
Dr. Paul J Wang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stanford, CA.