Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul J Jagielo has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Paul J Jagielo has the following 9 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Sleep Disorders
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Dr. Paul J Jagielo has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paul J Jagielo is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
The team at Dr. Jagielo's office is rude and disrespectful. I felt like my presence was interrupting their busy day. They couldn't have been more rushed and apathetic when answering my questions. If you are looking for a warm, friendly medical office, please look elsewhere. Dr. Jagielo knows what he's talking about, but his bedside manner is basically non-existent. His responses were curt and terse, again making me feel that I was interrupting a busy day. What happened to putting the patient first? What happened to seeing the patient as a valuable person, worthy of respect and dignity? Please don't waste your time here--there must be better, friendlier pulmonologists in the Chicagoland area.
Dr. Jagielo saw my 85 year mom to discuss tests results that showed spots on her lungs. He was patient and kind when he spoke to her and showed both humor and compassion at a time when we were both worried about cancer. My mom is sensitive to how doctors relate information to her when one of her adult children is there. Sometimes doctors talk to us, the adult children rather than her. Dr. Jagielo was great at including both my Mom and me in the discussion. We highly recommend Dr. Jagielo.
29 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Paul J Jagielo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSuburban Pulmonary & Sleep Assoc Ltd, 700 E Ogden Ave Ste 202, Westmont, IL
Dr. Paul J Jagielo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westmont, IL.