Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul T Kefalides has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Paul T Kefalides has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Dr. Paul T Kefalides is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Paul T Kefalides Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Paul T Kefalides's office for more information.
401 Bicentennial Way Santa Rosa, CA : (707) 571-4000
More about Dr. Paul T Kefalides
Welcome to My Doctor Online, a web site that my colleagues and I developed to make it easier for you to take care of your healthcare needs. On this site you will find answers to many of your questions about my clinical practice. Also included are several online features that will allow you to e-mail me, check your laboratory results and refill prescriptions. I hope you find its content informative and useful. Background I grew up outside Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and attended the University of Pennsylvania for my undergraduate degree. I majored in economics and was very active as a journalist and free lance writer, but ultimately gravitated towards a career in medicine. I received my medical degree from Penn as well and then completed my residency in internal medicine and fellowship in gastroenterology at the University of Chicago. I then worked with a mentor at University of California, San Diego where I was taught an advanced endoscopic technique called endoscopic ultrasound. My first position in clinical practice was at New York University Medical Center where I worked for three years. In 2005, I joined a multi-specialty private practice in Sonoma County, California. In 2010, I made the transition to Kaiser Permanente in Santa Rosa. My clinical activity has always been balanced by teaching of medical students, residents or fellows. Currently, my practice encompasses the breadth of gastroenterology and hepatology with emphases on inflammatory bowel disease, chronic liver diseases and gastrointestinal oncology. In my clinical work with patients, I seek to deliver the highest level of care and service. I have always enjoyed the most challenging clinical problems and I never give up until I find the answers.
Locations & DirectionsKAISER PERMANENTE SANTA ROSA MEDICAL CENTER AND ME, 401 Bicentennial Way, Santa Rosa, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul T Kefalides, MD - Gastroenterology in Santa Rosa, CA, in this video.
Dr. Paul T Kefalides is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Santa Rosa, CA.