Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul K Kosmatka has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Paul K Kosmatka has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Paul K Kosmatka has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Paul K Kosmatka is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I work at St. Mary's Medical Center and I suffered a hip fracture 9 months ago. Dr. Kosmatka convinced me to have surgery (I didn't want it). It was the best thing he DID! I can now walk again and I have my life back. P.S. Dr. Kosmatka inserted a plate, 4 screws, and 2 small rods which are doing just fine in me!
Not only is Dr. Kosmatka very knowledgeable but he is also incredibly friendly and personable. He repaired (2) broken bones I had in my lower leg 3 years ago and even with a plate and numerous pins, I cannot even tell it ever happened (including the very faint scar). Perhaps the best physician I have seen in my 39 years.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013, 2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
26 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Paul K Kosmatka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- HealthPartners Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsEssentia Health St Marys Childrens Hospital, 400 E 3rd St, Duluth, MN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul K Kosmatka in this video.
Dr. Paul K Kosmatka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Duluth, MN.