Dr. Paul Kwo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul Kwo?

Posted on March 2nd, 2017

He saved my life forever grateful!

BEST OF THE BEST

Posted on January 6th, 2017

Dr. Kwo is phenomenal! From a rare dual-TIPSS Procedure, to proper diagnosis of PSC, and through my liver transplant, I owe this man my life. He shoots straight, so that may not sit well with patients who are there for substance/alcohol abuse, but that's their reality. PSC is autoimmune, and he was very straightforward about the need for transplant and how risky it could be due to a bleeding disorder I also had. However, he is also very thorough, provided me with all of the knowledge and resources I could possibly want to study without being a hepatologist, and even takes the time to make Friday night phone calls just to check on me. I am blessed that we have been able to maintain contact since his departure from my transplant facility to his new one, and I know I have a welcome home in NorCal should I choose to relocate at some point. THANK YOU for saving my life, giving me tough love when I was overdoing things, and recognizing that I was sicker than my MELD indicated and making my case to the transplant board when we both knew the inherent dangers.

One of the Top Liver Disease Specialist in the Country

Posted on September 25th, 2015

Unparalleled expertise and one of the most automated, efficient and friendly offices I have seen make dealing with my chronic liver disease much more pleasant and manageable. Dr. Kwo is on the cutting edge of liver disease and digestive ailment science.

Patient 7 years

Posted on October 2nd, 2013

It has been a blessing to have Dr Kwo as my doctor. I have been seen by him for seven years he has kept me stable to where I have enjoyed seeing both my children married and had the pleasure of being a grandparent. He is always ahead of the game always up to date on all treatment. Some visits are quicker than others but how ever long the visit you still get that same knowledge.

Somewhat sadistic

Posted on September 21st, 2013

Of all the many doctor's appointments I've had in my life, this was the worst. It took place 8 years ago and I remember it vividly. I had come because of pain in the area of my liver. He questioned the validity of everything I told him, refused to believe that I had had hepatits B without seeing proof, and kept repeatedly jabbing at my belly in the area of the pain with GREAT FORCE, saying, "Does this hurt? Does this hurt?" Does this hurt?" He had an intern with him that was egging him on and approving of his behavior One star would be too high to rate for his bedside manner. I would not send my dog to a doctor such as this.

Life saver

Posted on August 16th, 2013

This Doctor saved my life. I wait an hour past appointment time, and drive 5 hours to get there, but I wouldn't go anywhere else, and I think if he critiqued another Doctor as I read in another review, then that doctor probably deserved it. Rushed: on occasion. Abrupt: on occasion. What price to pay for your life? He knows what he is doing and is groundbreaking in his field. He will not give up on your life. What more could a person want? Four stars is not high enough!

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Posted on November 6th, 2012

THIS DOCTOR WAS RUDE AND DENIGRATING.HE TOOK DELIGHT IN MAKING ME FEEL BAD AND HUMILIATING ME.POOR PROFESIONALISM. ALSO MADE FUN OF MY PHYSICIAN WHICH IS HEAD OF ANOTHER TRANSPLANT DEPARTMENT. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

Posted on July 2nd, 2012

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dr. Kwo. He's on top of all the new tx and trials for hep c. Love the caseworkers (at least the ones I have had), over all the office staff is friendly and helpful. If you want the best care and up to date treatment I suggest IU :)

Posted on June 17th, 2012

HE has saved my life twice so far he is right on in my treatment i trust him with my life. in which he has saved twice already his staff could be a little better.

The Best of the best?

Posted on March 1st, 2012

Starts off as a very good doctor with sharing labs and explaining diagnosis and treatment but as time goes on communication with him is futile!He acts condescending towards patient and family!A very smart man but very little time spent with patient. Nearly seeing 200 patients day leaves him no time for a sincere professional doctor/patient relationship!The staff is rude and robotic and when you dig for answers.Also, when you seek other medical opinions you're met with a swift rebuke from the good doctor.

Posted on June 30th, 2011

Medical Record Documentation:Inaccurate reason for me seeing him (after I had seen him X2)Stated that the quality of my life had improved since I started to see him (not true).. There was no treatment other than diagnostic tests & lab)What he told me in office seemed to differ from what was written in medical records & scan report.I think he got me confused with other patients.On-lione states he sees 200 patients/dayThis is unsafe & does not leave time for accurate diagnosis & effective evaluation & treatment. Nor does it leave any time for patient questions or patient teaching.He may be extremely bright (I personally don't know) however it is not reflected in his office work with patients.

Posted on August 2nd, 2010

One of the best doctors there is for treating HCV