Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul F Lafia has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul F Lafia has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
Showing 2 of 2
42 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Detroit Macomb Hospitals Corp
Dr. Paul F Lafia accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsRegional Cardiology Associates Plc, 3399 Pollock Rd Ste A, Grand Blanc, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul F Lafia in this video.
Dr. Paul F Lafia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Blanc, MI.