Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul M Allen has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Paul M Allen has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
Dr. Paul M Allen has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paul M Allen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
When my oldest daughter was born in 1997, my doctor was severely abusive. I was sent home dilated to almost 4 in full labor, went to the floor with a contraction just as my doctor came off the staff elevator in the L&D dept. He completely ignored me and literally stepped over my legs to walk into the closed off area. My mom got upset and called his office fussing. My water broke very shortly after getting home and had to be taken back by ambulance. When it was time to have her, I was taken into the delivery room while my husband was dressed in the gown to be in there with me. The doctor walked in with his hands in the air as I felt her head crowning. He told me that because my mother called his office that he would not deliver my baby until I promised not to come back to him ever again. I said I had nothing to do with that and he told me that since I was the patient, I was responsible. I promised and then asked about my husband and he said I get no one with me because he said so. I told him I did not want the episiotomy and he told me not to tell him how to do his blanking job (no cussing allowed in the review) and did it anyway. After she was born I asked if it was a boy or girl and he told me he didn't have to tell me. He said the nurse could tell me when she got it cleaned up. He then did the stitches for the unwanted cut and then the after birth. When they brought me and my daughter out, my husband was shocked and asked to speak to him and he refused. The next morning, he came in my room and my husband asked him why he had not allowed him to be in there with me and the doctor started screaming at my husband. He stopped suddenly, all red in the face, looked at the nurse, stuttered something and then left. I never saw him again. I did my six week check up at the county health department. We talked to a couple of lawyers that said we had a case against him until they found out who he was and then they said they couldn't help us. The doctor was Paul M. Allen in Pascagoula, MS. No woman should ever have to endure abuse by their doctor.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVa Gulf Coast Veterans Healthcare System, 400 Veterans Ave, Biloxi, MS
Dr. Paul M Allen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Biloxi, MS.