Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul M Andrews has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Paul M Andrews has the following 13 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
Dr. Paul M Andrews has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
Dr Andrews is sharp, puts a patient at ease. He knows exactly what the problem is with a patient and attends to the diagnosis with efficiency and effectiveness. I never met Dr. Andrews before being admitted to Hackensack Hospital and I bless the day he entered my life. He takes my calls & one time when he was on vacation, his nurse took my information, contacted him & he immediately got back to her with a response to my problem. May he be practicing for many years to come.
I loved the doctor, and felt very comfortable with him. however, his staff is incompent and rude. Tried for two days to get a refill on a medicaiton for my heart called in. The first day I tried leaving the refill request on their recording, which is meant specifically for that - nothing happened. The next day I called three times, since I was out of the medication; I was put on hold for 10 minutes, then disconnected. The second time the same thing happened; the third time I finally got to talk to someone, who was rude and told me that the refill had been called in. I then called the drug store and the drug store said they had never heard from the doctor's office. I called again, asked to speak directly to the doctor, and was told "no." Too bad because I would like to have used Dr. Andrews, but I can't put up with his staff.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
24 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine
Dr. Paul M Andrews accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsBergen Cardiology Associates, 222 Cedar Ln Ste 208, Teaneck, NJ
Dr. Paul M Andrews is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Teaneck, NJ.