Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul M Cooke has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Paul M Cooke has the following 4 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Clinical Research
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Paul M Cooke is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I am 60 yo, a medical professional and have never written a negative review of anything. I felt people need to know there is no respect for anyone's time by Dr. Cooke and his staff.... I waited 1 1/2 hours to see him In his office and it took 3 calls and over 3 weeks to get results for an MRI I had, that he ordered. I myself work with very sick people needing very complicated surgeries and patients might have to wait 10 or 20 minutes b/c the doctor is stuck on a complicated case, but this is unheard off. When I went ahead and scheduled a procedure , they told me to be there 1 hour before and I waited in a gown for over 1 hour past my scheduled Procedure time. When I questioned the nurse in pre op about why the wait was so long and wondered if the rest of the cases would be backed up, she stated Dr. Cooke is always the last MD in the room.... so other MD's don't have to wait for him, obviously.All I can say is not worth the the long waits!!
I first saw Dr Cooke about 2 years ago for back pain. After a VERY lengthy examination and review of my MRI, it was determined that I had a herniated disc. He gave me the epidural injection, and what a difference it made in the quality of life. I have about 2 injections per year, which is way better than having back surgery! Dr Cooke spends all the time in the world with you. You may have to wait a little longer in the waiting room, but it is well worth it. Most other doctors give you 5 minutes at best. When I have had questions, he has personally called me at home to offer advice. He will educate you as well as treat you. He showed me my MRI and explained what the herniation is and why it hurts so much. He is indeed the best doctor that I have had the pleasure of dealing with. I trust him implicitly!
Dr. Cooke, is first class! Very knowledgeable with new and current ways of pain management, with your indivual needs in mind. I had the worst experience with injections before signing on with Dr.Cook and he babied me through all the treatments needed to get my qualitly of life at a level we both felt comfortable with. You just have to be willing to work hard and be patient with the road of recovery.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
23 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1995
Dr. Paul M Cooke accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
Locations & DirectionsHospital For Special Surgery 75th Street Campus, 429 E 75th St, New York, NY
Dr. Paul M Cooke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.