Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul M Matsumoto has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Paul M Matsumoto has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Paul M Matsumoto has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paul M Matsumoto is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Very rude , do not expect to get a specialist , test or MIR or any lab work unless you push hard , that's how this physician keeps his job in the HMO business , had a knee pain 2years ago he said everything is fine it will heal on its own , now same problem with more pain and more complications and his answer is " there is no problem just going to the specialist or doing an MRI wont show nothing everything seem fine to me , even running some lab work doesn't mean nothing , lab work is just a number , I have many patients have high numbers but actually they do not have a disease , all of this high numbers will trigger a bad cycle for you from going to specialist and doing MRI and more medications, all for nothing I'm telling you , you are fine " and he left the room and I left with my pain doing nothing.
I have been a patient of Dr. Matsumoto's for over 2 years. HIs demeanor/attitude has always been aloof, and while he never struck me as someone interested in his patients, he appeared sufficiently competent. With that being said, the last 2 times I did need to see him, I requested an appointment via the online system 1-2 days prior. In each case his office responds a day later to advise me to go to urgent care as his schedule is full. I have been with Sharp for 7 years - this doc is not emblematic of the "Sharp experience"
I've been seeing Dr. Matsumoto for years and have recommended him to several friends. He's very friendly and personable, and I never feel like he's trying to rush through my appointments. As a D.O. he has training and experience in more hands-on treatments, which have helped me in several cases. I've never had a problem getting in for appointments when I'm sick.I did have one situation where a medication he had prescribed needed additional insurance approval, and it took longer than it should have to get that all resolved, but that's the only issue I've ever had with this office.
This physician was rude, condesending and overall just acted like I was wasting his time. He spent the better part of telling me how wrong I was about how I was feeling and why. I am a 45 year old female in the beginning stages of menopause. He proceeded to tell me how I was too young for such a thing that only women from about mid 40's (I did mention that I am 45 right?) are in that catagory. I will not see that man EVER again.
Dr. Matsumoto is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1995
Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
Dr. Paul M Matsumoto accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSharp Rees Stealy Medical Group, 2020 Genesee Ave, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul M Matsumoto in this video.
Dr. Paul M Matsumoto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.