Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul C Mcafee
Dr. Paul C Mcafee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Towson, MD. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Mcafee is affiliated with University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Mcafee has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul C Mcafee has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 35
Dr. McAfee has performed 2 surgeries so far on my back.1st was a Lower Lumbar Decompressive Lamenectomy, after I had gone to Physical Therapy, Pain Management (3 series of 3 of Spinal injections), then my surgery. I was 37 at the time of my 1st surgery and I had done very well recovering, to the point that I was able to play very competitive Softball afterwords. Then at age 42, I had developed a epidermal Cyst on my Spinal cord which had to be removed. This was more then I bargained for because when he got in there, he had found that my previous fusions of Bone had broken loose and were floating, so he performed a Revision to my Fusion by using metal rods down L5~L3. Now I must see him again at age 45, because i am having numbness down my right leg if I stand too long or walk too much. Also, i have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, which keeps me in pain everyday, do it is difficult for me to tell the difference.Summary is that Dr. Paul McAfee is one of the Best at what he does & he is very straight up & truthful with you. He bailed me out after my 1st surgery, because I had developed Gastritus & Esophegitis while laying around, recovering from my surgery. I went to a local Doctor, who was giving me ancient types of Meds (as my father put it (Pharmacist) and I was not getting better i was even awake when he shoved the big tube down my throat. When Dr McAfee heard about this, he directed his Secretary to make an appointment for me to see his Gastro Doctor Dr. Goldberg at St Joe's & I went right upstairs and met with him and he took care of my problem.Excellent Doctor & Best hospital.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mcafee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1978
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Paul C Mcafee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTowson Orthopaedic Associates, 7505 Osler Dr Ste 104, Towson, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul C Mcafee in this video.
Dr. Paul C Mcafee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Towson, MD.