Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul W Mcdonough
Dr. Paul W Mcdonough, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Abilene, TX. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Mcdonough is affiliated with Hendrick Medical Center Ltac. Dr. Mcdonough has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul W Mcdonough has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Back Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Fusion
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Spinal Fractures
- Neck Pain
- Back Injuries
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Very dissatisfied with Dr.Mcdonough.He told me my back was fine when I could barely walk.As of right now I can't walk.My lower lumbar is shot and crushing the siataca nerve to the right side of my body.So much pain I can't stand, sleep,sit or walk.And since I can't pass a physical to get a job ,I have no insurance now. I wish he would have fixed me when I was there with insurance. Now I am screwed.
After months of leg pain and inability to walk much distance I finally decided to have the surgery necessary to fix my back. I chose Dr. McDonough because of his excellent training and experience. He was very easy to talk to and understanding of my hesitation. I have never had any medical problems and he was very patient with me, even though he knew he could fix this. So I had a back fusion of my L5 to S1. He and his staff watched over me, always called me back quickly if I had any questions, and continue to care about my healing. His staff is especially considerate and his office is easy to get in and out of. While I could continue to say great things about Dr. McDonough, the most important thing to me is that He completely fixed my broken back, I have walked miles and hours around the city of New York and never again experienced the leg and lower back pain. So thank you for taking me from resignation to life on drugs to renewal and restoration of an active and drug free life!
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mcdonough is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Paul W Mcdonough accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Associates of Abilene, 1888 Antilley Rd, Abilene, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul W Mcdonough in this video.
Dr. Paul W Mcdonough is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Abilene, TX.