Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul A Melnick has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Paul A Melnick has the following 9 expertise
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Paul A Melnick has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paul A Melnick is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
This is the rudest, most unprofessional, smug doctor I have ever been to. It took 2 months for me to get an appointment! I had the first appointment of the day. He was 30 minutes late! I have suffered with migraines for years. I gave him the list of medications I have been on. He didn't order any tests or scans. He also insulted me for being overweight. He basically told me there was nothing he could do. What a waste of time!
I went to Dr. Melnick to help sort out possible reasons for my persistent and disabling neurological symptoms. What I got, was a disappointing experience that involved no testing ordered, 2 months spent on treatment that did not help my symptoms, and a delayed crucial neurovascular diagnosis established later by another physician, followed by several invasive procedures and interventions that basically saved my life. Dr. Melnick needs to pay closer attention to his patients and apply better clinical judgement when approaching diagnosis and treatment of complex symptoms. It may be life saving to patient!
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Melnick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Virginia Health System
Dr. Paul A Melnick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsChesapeake Neurology Services, 111 W High St Ste 107, Elkton, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul A Melnick in this video.
Dr. Paul A Melnick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elkton, MD.