Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul D Minnick
Dr. Paul D Minnick, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Johns, MI, with other offices in Saint Johns, MI and Shelby, MI . He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Minnick is affiliated with Sparrow Clinton Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul D Minnick has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Paul D Minnick has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Paul D Minnick has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paul D Minnick is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I've been a patient of Dr. Dave for over a decade and he is the best doctor I've ever had in my life--keen and astute in diagnosing illness and measured as when and how to prescribe meds. He is caring--when I went through a scare with possible breast cancer (didn't have it!) he gave me his cell number and told me to call anytime in case I had concerns or problems. Sometimes you have to wait but he is always worth waiting for because he gives all his patients time and undivided focus. He has kept an eagle eye on my husband's blood sugar problems and because of that my husband is doing really well--without having to resort to expensive and unnecessary meds. I preferred Dr. Dave's former office (prettier and I had really bonded with some of his nurses) but I'm acclimating to the new situation. His staff folks really admire and like him--and that makes for a outstanding experience. Both my husband and I (and traditionally my husband was not a "go to the doctor" guy)) think Dr. Dave is the BEST!
I will never be able to be as active as I once was due to Minnick sidestepping my problem for four years and then suddenly out of the blue saying I know exactly what it is, He keeps you sick to bring in the business and only cares about his standing in the community,He is a very schooled and inteligent man but a poor doctor.
Dr. Minnick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1969
St Lawrence Hospital
Dr. Paul D Minnick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paul D Minnick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Johns, MI.