Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul D Mitnick has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Paul D Mitnick has the following 7 expertise
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
Dr. Paul D Mitnick has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 7
We had no choice in getting this doctor because he was the head of the dialysis clinic. He was a very annoying little man for many reasons, and he never seemed to be "with" my husband and I during our time at the dialysis clinic. He never seemed to listen to my husband's needs/complaints, but he seemed more interested in moving on to the next patient. He was never up for a challenge as to what was going on or the treatment thereof. Heaven forbid, somebody questioned anything he was doing or meds he was prescribing. I have a good reason for saying this too. It's just not something I pulled out of the air. Half the time, he had no clue what was going on with my husband. We didn't like him at all, but like I said, we really didn't have much choice. We never actually saw him in his office, so I hope he was better and more amiable there.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Mitnick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1974
Dr. Paul D Mitnick accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- First Health PPO
Locations & DirectionsReading Nephrology, 301 S 7th Ave Ste 355, Reading, PA
Dr. Paul D Mitnick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reading, PA.