Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul N Smith MD
Dr. Paul N Smith has 2 locations
12 Stillwater Ave Ste 1
Bangor, ME 04401
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul N Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Paul N Smith has the following 13 expertise
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Paul N Smith is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Kind and Skillful Care
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul N Smith - Posted on February 18th, 2017
Dr. Smith and the people at OBGYN are the kindest, most dedicated practice imaginable. Dr. Smith walked me through a very complicated pregnancy with the highest level of skill and compassion. There are not words to describe the great doctor that I think he is. Further, the people in the front office, the nurses, and the ultrasound people were always available, caring, and went out of their way to give any help they could. I would never have made it through the complicated pregnancy without all of them and their nurturing and support. I often think the people at this practice are angels in disguise, and I feel blessed to have found them. They have my highest recommendation.
Dr Paul Smith and Bangor OBGYN
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul N Smith - Posted on January 30th, 2015
We have been disappointed with Bangor OB. Although each doctor and nurse on their own is pleasant to deal with, we saw different staff on almost every visit, rarely seeing or talking directly to Dr Smith. We found ourselves being scheduled for extra visits and weekly ultrasounds with no explanation and everyone we asked just shaking their heads unsure of why. We expressed to one person early on that we preferred to do things as naturally as possible, but later found ourselves being pressured to induce. When I pressed back on my wifes behalf Dr Smith looked right at me and asked me how many years OB experience I had. All I was doing was asking why he wanted to induce at 38 weeks and was scheduling an appointment without asking for our input or letting my wife and I discuss it. We will not return to Bangor OB in the future.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul N Smith - Posted on October 12th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul N Smith - Posted on August 13th, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul N Smith - Posted on April 22nd, 2012
my partner was drug tested without informed consent from a urine specimen. of course she came back negative, but it cost us hundreds of dollars because our insurance wouldn't pick up the whole bill for the multiple drugs they tested for. Very disapointed taking advantage new to be parents. Also he called my partners VAGINA a woo hoo, what kind of MD does that? Also he routinley delivers breached babies according to his staff. Dont go to this bozo
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Paul N Smith Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paul N Smith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bangor, ME.