3.3

Have you seen Dr. Paul C Norwood Jr?

Disappointed

1st visit not too bad. 1st prescription fill was not correct. Went to office twice for terrible pain in body with not even a suggestion as to how to take care of it. Was told I had high blood pressure which I don't and that was proven by another dr. Pushing all kinds of meds some which are not needed, again, proven by another dr. Agree, this man is very intelligent; however not a good fit for me and my needs. Not always willing to listen to the patient and find workable solutions.

Rude & careless

Dr very rude

One of worst Dr I’ve seen in my life will never return. He told me he couldn’t help me w/ my thyroid problem. His assistant nurse was rude also. They had all my lab results & list of meds. Act like they didn’t have it. Asking me lot of questions. I deal w/ anxiety & depression. Had me in tears in back office.

brilliant and caring

He is more interested in you, than himself. He is available, brilliant and has a heart. He will sit with you and make sure your concerns are met.

Most intelligent man I know.

HE IS THE KINDEST, FINEST, FUNNIEST GENTLEMAN THAT WILL GO THE DISTANCE. FOR ME.

Copper and zinc? No dice.

In referring to one of the comments posted below (and as a former patient), I would say some of us are more emotionally sensitive (ie., generally fearful) than others, but Mr. Norwood also lacks a healthy mental life-balance for a man who deals in the sensitive profession of healthcare. Not enough empathy, acceptance, and compassion. Too much run-away ego. Classic bully mentality and extremely condescending to the emotionally vulnerable who dare to politely (in my long past appointment) disagree with his expert over-opinion. Don't get me wrong here though. I believe Mr. Norwood is quite educated and competent in his field. Book/experience-smart. However his reviews might improve more if he learned a bit of tolerance, patience, non-judgment, and humility. All of us can stand to learn and improve upon ourselves. The more emotional of us could learn better self-control in that realm. Sadly, run-amok arrogance and ego only reduces the less fortunate of us even further and can worsen our prognosis. Dr. Norwood helped teach me this lesson in his haughty disdain. But, he could use a reality check himself. I cry rarely now that I am physically well again after finding the right healthcare professionals who knew the value of being gentle and kind. My zinc and copper are pretty balanced, thank you very much. It makes me wonder sometimes how this "Dr." got a bit too far ahead of himself so much that he treats less-fortunate people who come to him and pay him for help as his inferiors. And if he is incapable of feeling or developing true empathy for some us weaker ones? He needs to work on his "poker face". As one who studies psychology in depth, I will offer this kernal of advice that he can take or leave... Don't alienate those who need your help most to psychologically elevate yourself at their emotional and monetary expense. Your reviews will suffer for it as well as your reputation. Balance takes practice. Your reviews are a mixed, but accurate reflection of your "bedside" manners. Good luck to you, Dr.

Great doctors

Reliable, kind, pleasant, and caring

Great doctors

Reliable, kind, pleasant, and caring

Good Listener, Great NPs, Great Support Staff

This is an extremely smart very kind man who has been at this for a long time. He has 2 GREAT Nurses Practitioners , very nice people in billing and scheduling. I'm so glad that I found him to help me .

100% dependable

This straightforward and pleasant gentleman will listen to your concerns seriously. He is brilliant and voted the best endocrinologist in Fresno by his peers. He certainly fixed me. He is super busy but will always give you the time necessary. He enjoys people and he always makes me laugh.

The most caring doctor I have been too. Thank you!! :o)

my worst and best day, same day, in one office visit

Dr norwood was my dr for 5 years. Diagnosed me hypothyriodism and hypogonadism when I was 18. I moved to the central coast and continued seeing my current endocrinologist, wich is now looking at retirement and forcing me to look eleswhere, unfortunately.good doctors are hard to find. Paul c norwood comes to mind.the memory of him, my 2nd visit with him, almost 30 years ago, the worst day of my life and the best day of my life, or should I say ten minutes of my life. What norwood did was give a 18 yr old a chance at life and potentialy a long life, I am greatful. Intervention was needed.just going to the office wasnt good enough, norwood offered help but it was my choice and he knew he had to deliver it in a way that I would have no choice but to take what he was offering.norwood was kind, his words were straight forword, direct, to the point, he pulled no punches, he was honest. It is what it is, you are what you are, now what do you want to do about it? The truth hurts.even today, almost 30 yrs later, it still stings a little, but I needed it, I always wanted to thank him and I appreciate his sharp razor tongue, maybe I will one day. Reading the negative reviews, I think he is still worth the drive and most people dont like the truth and have a real problem with reality and theyre very sensitive.maybe to much copper and not enough zinc.

Dr. Paul C Norwood Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fresno, CA.