Dr. Paul Norwood Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Paul Norwood?

Copper and zinc? No dice.

Posted on December 5th, 2017

In referring to one of the comments posted below (and as a former patient), I would say some of us are more emotionally sensitive (ie., generally fearful) than others, but Mr. Norwood also lacks a healthy mental life-balance for a man who deals in the sensitive profession of healthcare. Not enough empathy, acceptance, and compassion. Too much run-away ego. Classic bully mentality and extremely condescending to the emotionally vulnerable who dare to politely (in my long past appointment) disagree with his expert over-opinion. Don't get me wrong here though. I believe Mr. Norwood is quite educated and competent in his field. Book/experience-smart. However his reviews might improve more if he learned a bit of tolerance, patience, non-judgment, and humility. All of us can stand to learn and improve upon ourselves. The more emotional of us could learn better self-control in that realm. Sadly, run-amok arrogance and ego only reduces the less fortunate of us even further and can worsen our prognosis. Dr. Norwood helped teach me this lesson in his haughty disdain. But, he could use a reality check himself. I cry rarely now that I am physically well again after finding the right healthcare professionals who knew the value of being gentle and kind. My zinc and copper are pretty balanced, thank you very much. It makes me wonder sometimes how this "Dr." got a bit too far ahead of himself so much that he treats less-fortunate people who come to him and pay him for help as his inferiors. And if he is incapable of feeling or developing true empathy for some us weaker ones? He needs to work on his "poker face". As one who studies psychology in depth, I will offer this kernal of advice that he can take or leave... Don't alienate those who need your help most to psychologically elevate yourself at their emotional and monetary expense. Your reviews will suffer for it as well as your reputation. Balance takes practice. Your reviews are a mixed, but accurate reflection of your "bedside" manners. Good luck to you, Dr.

Great doctors

Posted on March 23rd, 2017

Reliable, kind, pleasant, and caring

Great doctors

Posted on March 23rd, 2017

Reliable, kind, pleasant, and caring

Good Listener, Great NPs, Great Support Staff

Posted on February 6th, 2017

This is an extremely smart very kind man who has been at this for a long time. He has 2 GREAT Nurses Practitioners , very nice people in billing and scheduling. I'm so glad that I found him to help me .

100% dependable

Posted on September 2nd, 2016

This straightforward and pleasant gentleman will listen to your concerns seriously. He is brilliant and voted the best endocrinologist in Fresno by his peers. He certainly fixed me. He is super busy but will always give you the time necessary. He enjoys people and he always makes me laugh.

Posted on November 17th, 2015

The most caring doctor I have been too. Thank you!! :o)

my worst and best day, same day, in one office visit

Posted on November 13th, 2015

Dr norwood was my dr for 5 years. Diagnosed me hypothyriodism and hypogonadism when I was 18. I moved to the central coast and continued seeing my current endocrinologist, wich is now looking at retirement and forcing me to look eleswhere, unfortunately.good doctors are hard to find. Paul c norwood comes to mind.the memory of him, my 2nd visit with him, almost 30 years ago, the worst day of my life and the best day of my life, or should I say ten minutes of my life. What norwood did was give a 18 yr old a chance at life and potentialy a long life, I am greatful. Intervention was needed.just going to the office wasnt good enough, norwood offered help but it was my choice and he knew he had to deliver it in a way that I would have no choice but to take what he was offering.norwood was kind, his words were straight forword, direct, to the point, he pulled no punches, he was honest. It is what it is, you are what you are, now what do you want to do about it? The truth hurts.even today, almost 30 yrs later, it still stings a little, but I needed it, I always wanted to thank him and I appreciate his sharp razor tongue, maybe I will one day. Reading the negative reviews, I think he is still worth the drive and most people dont like the truth and have a real problem with reality and theyre very sensitive.maybe to much copper and not enough zinc.

Disappointed

Posted on October 12th, 2015

I had seen Dr. Norwood before (2 years ago) and was happy with him until this visit. In less than 10 minutes he diagnosed me with depression. Gave me three prescriptions and told me I was in denial. I told him I was not interested and he told me to not be "chicken" to take the medicine and report back how I felt. I left and considered his diagnosis including discussing it with my therapist. Yes I have a therapist and no Dr. Norwood never asked me if I did. I think my therapist is more qualified to give this type of diagnosis than my thyroid doctor. I am not taking the prescriptions and am currently looking for a new thyroid doctor. Not sure why such an intelligent man would do what he did. I'm disappointed but have no time to focus on his behavior only on my response. I'm certain he is a qualified doctor but he is not a good fit for me. He may think this is denial I see it as logically assessing the situation - and choosing to move on.

Greatest MD of all time

Posted on June 4th, 2015

Greatest MD listens, is pleasant and will go the distance for you

Posted on March 17th, 2015

dr. Norwood may be a good doctor. In my case I was astonished to walk out with 4 prescriptions, two anti depressants, plus Ritalin and Xanax. Honestly, I told him I wasn't interested in any prescriptions,but he insisted,. My visit was for a biopsy on thyroid and I left with a diagnoisis of depression. I did not take anything he gave me and I'm fine. However I have not gotten the results of my biopsy. I went to him because he is so highly rated. Just be sure you make your own decisions when starting medication, Be educated!

an experience i never forgot...

Posted on March 13th, 2015

i was referred to dr. norwood sometime back in 2009 as a second opinion for a possible endocrine disorder. the memory of my appointment has lingered for years because, to this day, i have never had a more awful experience with a medical "professional". it has haunted me for years now & everytime i look back on it i cringe because of the blatent contempt & disrespect mr. norwood projected on me upon our meeting. i have never before come across someone so arrogant, judgmental, & condescending. please understand, this is not a melodramatic reaction simply spurred by my hurt feelings. i do my best to look objectively & fairly at any situation i come across & this has been no exception. this, from a woman who has never been described by anyone she has met as anything other than kind, courteous, & respectful. i think what sticks out most to me in my mind is the moment he walked into the exam room & laughed at me straight to my face because he could see that i had been quietly crying (on my own before he entered the room) out of fear & frustration over my symptoms. instead of understanding & empathy, i was made to feel rediculous & ridiculed for my audacity in seeking his help because he didn't consider my symptoms to be worthy of his time as a big-shot endocrinologist. my tears? according to him (after only 10 minutes of knowing me as new patient), i must be mentally ill. excuse me, what? i guess he missed the part where i told him i was scared & stressed because he was too busy laughing at me. i have tried to let it go over the years, but everytime i think of it it still makes my blood boil. i left his office no longer quietly crying, but at that point, sobbing as i couldn't comprehend the cruelty of a medical doctor to a 25-year-old girl in a vulnerable state such as that. i never returned, he offered no apologies. it's been about 6 years & i am since recovered (thanks to a couple other amazing specialists & one fantastic primary care!), but after seeing more physicians than most will ever see in their lives, this one visit still pops unwelcome into my mind every once in a blue moon. yes, it really was that appalling. i have never met someone like him & hope never to have the same misfortune again.

Excellent doctor!

Posted on June 12th, 2014

I have to admit, after reading the online reviews for Dr. Norwood, I was somewhat nervous about my appointment with him regarding thyroid issues. He asked me many questions and went over the results of all my tests with me in order to provide a diagnosis. I experienced none of the negative issues that others have reported. I even mentioned to him (truthfully) that I feel that I am overweight and he said my weight is fine. He did not bring up my sex life nor did he suggest that I need anti-depressants. I am very pleased to have been referred to Dr. Norwood, and I appreciate his 30 years of endocrinology experience. He was nothing but a gentleman and a very intelligent one at that. I am looking forward to my next appointment.