Dr. Paul Okeefe Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Paul Okeefe?

Posted on October 20th, 2015

Arrogant. He is a very, VERY arrogant person. This is a shame, because it's obvious he is a good doctor, and well-trained, but his massive ego prevents him from actually hearing the patient. Furthermore, I was trying a new type of medication for anxiety, one that has serious drug interactions, and he did not mention these despite knowing my complete medical profile and the other medications I was taking -- he even prescribed me one of the medications that interacted with this drug that led to a full-blown crisis... What is worse, he doesn't have a number I was able to reach him at -- at the followup, I told him I needed to get ahold of him, and that by providing me no way to contact him, that he left me no choice but to visit the ER. (Didn't he take a Hippocratic Oath? Doesn't he care about his patients? Or is it just his engorged ego?) I then asked him for a number, or even an email, to which I could contact him in the future, to which he sloughed off everso arrogantly. Overall, a very frustrating experience. If only he realized his sense of self-importance wasn't the focus... DO NOT SEE HIM.

Ms. G.E. Toonkel MsEd

Posted on July 27th, 2012

I am a NYC DOE Hospital School teacher, with many good years to reflect on. I have worked with many medical and non medical professionals. Doctor's, nurses, social workers, child lifetherapists, psychologists, foster care providers, as well as ACScase workers. I count myself "lucky" to have worked with him and for him. Professional, very caring, with a sense of humor that was greatly appreciated by the children and staff alike.

Posted on January 28th, 2015