Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul P Schorr
Dr. Paul P Schorr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Mesquite, TX, with another office in Mesquite, TX. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM. Dr. Schorr is affiliated with Baylor Scott And White Medical Center Garland. Dr. Schorr has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul P Schorr has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM
Dr. Paul P Schorr has the following 10 expertise
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
- Dementia Testing
Showing 5 of 24
Staff lost the paperwork I had given them two weeks earlier. They kept me waiting 15 minutes past my appointment, although nobody else was in the waiting room. Staff rudely addressed me by first name, even after being corrected. Then they tried to charge in excess of my insurer's protocols. I left without treatment, and will never return.
As a "professional patient" who's been living with the residual effects of a major stroke since 2001, I've seen many doctors, and Dr. Schorr is one of my favorites. He's prompt, pleasant, thorough, and knowledgeable, and will actually sit down, look me in the eye, answer my questions, and LISTEN to me. His staff is also courteous and efficient; I've never had to wait longer than about half an hour, and they're great about handling prescription authorizations when I need them. The office isn't really state-of-the-art, but it's clean and pleasant, with no booming music or TV in the waiting area. If you need a good doctor in the Mesquite area, I highly recommend Dr. Schorr.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Schorr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Paul P Schorr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paul P Schorr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mesquite, TX.