Dr. Paul E Perkowski Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul E Perkowski?

A great Doctor!

I am blessed that he saved my leg during surgery in the middle of the night.

An excellent physician.

Dr. Perkowski is incredibly knowledgeable and a very talented surgeon, who also listens to my concerns.

One word to describe Dr. Perkowski. AWESOME!

Baton Rouge is Fortunate!

There isn't enough space for me to describe my experience in being so blessed to find Dr Perkowski. I am under the care of several great Doctors in Baton Rouge but Dr. Perkowski is truly a rare breed. He genuinely cares about his patients. If you are looking for a Doctor who will listen and take time to understand what you are feeling so he can give you the best care... Then look no further because in my opinion and experience, he gives you the best care and he is number 1 in his field!

Excellent Doctor

I felt compelled to write a review after reading the negative things said about him. I suffered with pain in my hip, leg, and buttocks for almost a full year. I had back surgery to correct the problem only to still have the same pain and not able to walk 5 feet without extreme pain. After my first visit with Dr. Perkowski he told me I had to have a stent put in and did the procedure within 2 weeks. Since my surgery I feel like I have a new lease on life. He literally changed my life. I had a blockage in my leg and had visited 4 different doctors complaining of the pain and my big toe turning purple. I could have lost my toe. Thank God for this doctor who fixed my blockage and made me feel whole again. As for his bedside manner I found him to be very freindly, concerned and willing to talk as long as I needed. He took time with my husband after my procedure to explain everything. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. As for his staff I found them to be just as competent and friendly as he is. I feel he is a highly skilled surgeon that put me at ease and gave me confidence to get through the procedure. He is my hero.

very concern doctor

I absolutely love Dr Perkowski!!

After reading the other 3 patient comments I feel it imperative that I share my opinion of Dr Perkowski. As his patient, he took his time and made sure my questions were answered before my procedure began. He checked on me following the procedure also. He diagnosed my illness and made plans to remedy it. He met my family and explained everything to them also. Diabetes and venous access is a very complicated process. He has always made me feel that he truly cared about my well-being. I have heard the same from other patients of his and how much they love him. Some say he's very funny and jovial. I know that he is not only competent, but his skills are excellent.My physician does not have to entertain me at my bedside. He simply has to take care of my illness and show me that he cares about me. I would, and have, recommended Dr. Perkowski to many potential patients.

Continuation of 11/3 review

2 days after my appt with Perkowski another doctor put me on iv antibiotics for an active infection---Perkowski said it was "skin damage" and "not an infection". Save yourself alot of aggravation and possibly your life--find another doctor!

He had a problem looking me in the eye. He wrote an order for a test and gave me the name of the place and a vague location. I went there, not having a phone # to call to set up appt. They do not perform the test in question and said Dr. Perkowsky needed to fax over orders for the therapy. I went outside and called his office and told them. After some hem-hawing they said they would fax over orders for the therapy in 5 minutes...the next afternoon it still had not been done (I gave the nurse the fax#). I called all over Baton Rouge to find someone who performed the ordered test...when I tried to set up an appt. I was told they needed the orders faxed from the doctor before they could set up anything..that would be the order that Dr. Perkowsky had given me. After explaining that I had the paperwork...I had to locate a fax and send it to the hospital to set up the appt. These are things Dr. Perkowsky's office should have handled not me. Had I not taken care of this I would still be waiting. The office is not professional and follow up is horrible!

wouldnt let him treat my dog

HE IS very abrupt and rude and uncaring.