Dr. Paul K Piper Jr Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Paul K Piper Jr?

It's a lack of compassion or worse?

I saw this doctor over the course of a few years as I felt his expertise would be better than my PCP. I asked to see a nutritional counselor and the lady I saw said I could eat anything, only check before and after meals and monitor glucose level effects so by trail & error I;d get it right? That = to 4-6 times a day I was to test. Ok, so he wrote a prescription for all testing supplies, insurance pays no problem till the next year when I needed a refill order. He told me I could no longer test 4-6 X daily, but once a day I was perplexed and wanted to know why the change only to hear him say that he could not justify me to test that often. Since I wasn't a bad enough diabetic and all and that he has to fight for those kind of patients to get to test more than twice a day. I'm thinking I have private pay insurance not under Obama-care regulations so just give me the testing prescription. My lab work wasn't hadn't changed from the previous year. I was left confused and felt berrated. At that visit I also showed him a flyer my pharmacist gave me about Vit B12 deficiency linked to Metformin and could cause neuropathy. This was a drug I was taking and I never recalled being tested so I asked him to test me. At which point he rudely replied, "Are you going to pay for this test when/if the insurance company denies it?" I was appalled, first at his defensive backlash and secondly at his blatant rudeness and disregard for my concern/s. How dare he assume my insurance company would not pay, and yes I would gladly pay to see if I was in need of taking Vit B 12. I must add that I did ask him to copy the info flyer and pass info along for other patients, and to put one into my chart when he no I know all about that. Monitoring Vit B12 levels if taking Metformin is important as Vit B12 is essential for proper nerve function. I was diagnosed years before with neuropathy in both lower extremities and like I said to my knowledge had never been tested by any doctor as of yet. Needless to say he was not impressed I informed him of it and said surely you have been tested before. So I asked, why then had he not tested me these last 3-4 yrs. I admit I was brash, but as a nurse, I did not think I was out of line to suggest it, his reactions were unprofessional and I was becoming angry. A another appt. visit I wasn't feeling well and started developing a cough. I knew I was getting sick, but did not want to reschedule and wait another month or more for another appt. I figured as a doctor he would check me out, no so, as when he entered the room and heard me coughing, he did not come in the room, but rather stood inside the door with it ajar and did not get near me and left out as fast as he could. Come to find out within a week or so later I had acute bronchitis confirmed by a lung doctor. The lung doc put me on 3 different courses of antibiotics which didn't help and later was ruled to be "possibly" viral. Dr. Piper might not have wanted to get exposed, but I wished he had given me something or at least listened to my lungs and took my temp. If he didn't want to do it there are nurses there that could have. Instead I wasn't given cough medicines only staus quo diabetic prescriptions. I coughed for a month with this crud and it took me a month to recover. You decide, as for me, I've found other doctors more caring. I'll never go back!

Arrogant. He grabbed my arm butted his fat body against me and slapped my hand when I reached for his business card. He has real issues. All because I wanted my paperwork returned to me so he couldn’t charge my insurance for a service he did not provide.

I had to file charges on him for grabbing my arm. He butted his fat body against mine and slapped my hand when I reached for a business card. All because I wanted my paperwork back. I wouldn't let him treat me backseat of his arrogance and attitude. Poor poor attitude.

Missed a cancerous nodule

I had a lump in my neck and he completely missed it. No ultrasound either. Very disappointed.

He is a bully

Don't ever interrupt him when he is speaking! He stands up the whole time(this lets you know WHO is in charge) and because he has an assistant in the room who is typing on the laptop for him. Really???? Don't EVER question him about his diagnosis or try to explain to him what YOU are experiencing....YOU know your body better than anyone else..right??

Run Away!

Wait time 2 hours 15 min. He does most of the talking about nothing of importance to patient. When I attempted to ask questions, he continued to exit the room as I was speaking . Very arrogant . Run fast !! ..Also said he never received my testing from my primary doctor I know this was not true because in the first appointment with him he stated he had it on my second visit with him he stated he never had it I should have ran on the first visit

Rude and condescending Dr. will not answer questions. Numerous errors with RX call in. takes nearly a month and repeated phone calls to get lab results. Didn't order all required bloodwork needed based on current RX's being taken. one hour wait times. takes nearly 3 months to get an appt. even for an established patient. all bad.

I am glad I didn't take his suggestions for putting me on Diet pills! I was sent from my doctor who had ran as many tests as she could to confirm Cushings Disease. He didn't listen to a word I said or my concerns but yet told me he could prescribe me diet pills just as the other endo I saw before suggested. I wish you could find a doctor who listens and doesn't push drugs. I know my body and I was right that something was wrong. It is sad I had to go to 3 different doctors to finally have someone test me . His nurse was the only one who seemed to really care about what was going on. I would hire him for my doc any day :) To bad the actual doctor could care less and seemed annoyed I wasted 3 minutes of his time. What he failed to test could cause major problems for me and thank god my primary doctor is amazing and didnt give up on me.

I would just like to say that we went to Dr Piper for short stature (my son) he excepted the appt - saw us after a 2 hour wait and missing school...... then proceeded to tell us that he doesn't not treat short stature and then charged us for an office visit. I wish he would have just apologized to us and sent us on our way to someone who actually could help us.

Incompetent Staff

I stopped using Dr. Piper because his office staff is incompetent. Three times in a row the orders for my blood work were either not placed when staff said they were or the orders were incomplete wasting my time by having to repeatedly return to the lab.

Awesome place to go!

I love this office. Will be a patient for life. Staff is great and Dr. Piper is very good.

Previous Patient

Do not use this doctor and staff what a joke. I went in with sugars of 300 with his great help now 500. Went back to my PCP he helps me more than Dr. Piper. The wait is too long and you will not get any help!