Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Polyak
Dr. Paul Polyak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Detroit, MI . He has 8 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Anesthesiology. Dr. Polyak is affiliated with Henry Ford Medical Center at Maplegrove, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and Temple University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Polyak has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Paul Polyak has the following 2 expertise
- Nerve Block
Dr. Polyak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henry Ford Medical Center at Maplegrove
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Temple University Hospital
Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
8 Years Experience
Graduated in 2005
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Paul Polyak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.