Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul R Kowalski MD
Dr. Paul R Kowalski, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ, with other offices in Fredericksburg, VA and Goodyear, AZ (and 1 other location). He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry, Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul R Kowalski has 4 locations
1001 Sam Perry Blvd
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
2940 N Litchfield Rd Ste 110
Goodyear, AZ 85395
Dr. Paul R Kowalski has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Clinical Neurophysiology
Dr. Paul R Kowalski has the following 8 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. Paul R Kowalski is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul R Kowalski - Posted on August 25th, 2020
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul R Kowalski - Posted on April 6th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul R Kowalski - Posted on December 1st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul R Kowalski - Posted on April 16th, 2014
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul R Kowalski - Posted on April 18th, 2008
28 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Paul R Kowalski Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Paul R Kowalski
Dr. Kowalski is a neurologist who believes in working in partnership with his patients to achieve optimal health. He is board certified in neurology, clinical neurological psychiatry and electrodiagnostic medicine. A graduate of the Albany Medical College in New York, Dr. Kowalski also completed his internship and residency there, followed by a fellowship in clinical neurophysiology. The Consumer Research Council has named Dr. Kowalski as one of America's Top Physicians.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul R Kowalski, MD - Neurology in Phoenix, AZ, in this video.
Dr. Paul R Kowalski is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.