Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul R Pfeiffer has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 1 of 3
Well after a FOUR HOUR WAIT......Terrible doctor ... After being stuck several times looking for a iv he made me sign a AMA paper and told me he would not treat me because I would not allow them to put a iv in my neck ! He allowed my k+ to go untreated at 5.9 which is critically high and I should have been treated with kayecolate. On top of that his bed side manner was terrible. I am a hard stick and a dialysis patient at 33 so I only have one arm to choose from and no veins ... So when I'm getting iv sticks my anxiety climbs and I begin to cry and freak out. Mainly from just tired of being a pin cushion and because I already know before they do it's not going to be one stick it's gunna 4 or 5. Although I was upset I still remained respectful so for him to come in and say these exact words - YOU already have two of my best nurses frustrated !! Oh really ???!! They are frustrated ?? Well little did he know I too have been a nurse for 13 years and that was unacceptable ! Did he think for maybe one minute I WAS FRUSTERATED!! Being 33 a young mother in kidney failure on dialysis ... Now their talkin bout ivs in my neck FOR COLD SYMPTOMS YA BUDDY IM FRUSTERATED TOO!!!! So I filled out my lil AMA form went to the other little hospital down the street and was treated wonderfully , was poked only once! Was treated with respect and dignity , received medication to bring down my K aNd received meds to treat my cold sx. Oh and didn't even sit in waiting room just sayin;)
24 Years Experience
A.T. Still University - Kirksville
Graduated in 1994
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions3220 Atlanta St, Springfield, IL
Dr. Paul R Pfeiffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, IL.