Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul J Ricca has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 24
I would not recommend anyone to Dr. Paul Ricca. Patients are made to wait at least an hour in the waiting room and another half hour in the examening room. And Dr. Ricca spends a total of 5 minutes going taking blood pressure and going over bloodwork results before he rushes off. It is as if the doctor's time is more important than your own. Worse than that, recently the doctor recommended that I take some tests and then he had his assistant call to tell me to come in to discuss the abnormal results. Finding out that test results are abnormal is upsetting enough. When I said I wanted to speak to the doctor on the telephone, I was told I had to schedule an office visit. I called to speak to the doctor twice during that same day and left two messages. The doctor did not call me back until the next day. When I told him how worried I was after hearing the test results were abnormal and asked why he didn't call me back, he said he was too busy and didn't have time. Apparently he thought it was totally acceptable to make me wait until I was able to schedule an appointment, possibly 2 or 3 days later (having to take time off from work), to find out what was wrong with me. And then the icing on the cake was that he told me the diagnosis and suggested that I follow up with one of my other doctors. So why couldn't he take 5 minutes on the telephone the same day to prevent the anxiety that accompanies the ambiguous message that test results are abnormal? What he did to me and what he probably does to all his patients is totally unacceptable. Everyone has the right to common courtesy from their physician.
Dr. Ricca is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. Paul J Ricca accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiology Internal Medicine Long Island, 510 Hicksville Rd, Massapequa, NY
Dr. Paul J Ricca is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Massapequa, NY.