Dr. Paul J Ricca Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Paul J Ricca?

Very good doctor

Been with Dr. Ricca for many years. Excellent.

Unacceptable Experience

I would not recommend anyone to Dr. Paul Ricca. Patients are made to wait at least an hour in the waiting room and another half hour in the examening room. And Dr. Ricca spends a total of 5 minutes going taking blood pressure and going over bloodwork results before he rushes off. It is as if the doctor's time is more important than your own. Worse than that, recently the doctor recommended that I take some tests and then he had his assistant call to tell me to come in to discuss the abnormal results. Finding out that test results are abnormal is upsetting enough. When I said I wanted to speak to the doctor on the telephone, I was told I had to schedule an office visit. I called to speak to the doctor twice during that same day and left two messages. The doctor did not call me back until the next day. When I told him how worried I was after hearing the test results were abnormal and asked why he didn't call me back, he said he was too busy and didn't have time. Apparently he thought it was totally acceptable to make me wait until I was able to schedule an appointment, possibly 2 or 3 days later (having to take time off from work), to find out what was wrong with me. And then the icing on the cake was that he told me the diagnosis and suggested that I follow up with one of my other doctors. So why couldn't he take 5 minutes on the telephone the same day to prevent the anxiety that accompanies the ambiguous message that test results are abnormal? What he did to me and what he probably does to all his patients is totally unacceptable. Everyone has the right to common courtesy from their physician.