Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul J Roach
Dr. Paul J Roach, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Roach is affiliated with Heart Hospital Of Austin At St Davids Round Rock, St. David's North Austin Medical Center and St Davids South Austin Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul J Roach has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.<br>A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Paul J Roach has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
Showing 1 of 1
You may or may not see him
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Roach - Posted on March 3rd, 2016
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Dr. Roach is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Paul J Roach Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Paul J Roach
Board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Paul Roach received his medical degree from Northwestern University Medical School in Chicago and completed his training in Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology at the University of Iowa. Dr. Roach is a former Chief Resident in Internal Medicine at the University of Iowa and was a Visiting Cardiology Fellow at the UTAH Cardiac Transplant Program in Salt Lake City. Dr. Roach is the Medical Director of Cardiac Catheterization and Special Procedures Lab at University Medical Center Brackenridge. He is board-certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Roach is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and is a member of the American Heart Association, the Travis County Medical Society, The Texas Medical Association and the American Medical Association.
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Paul J Roach is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Austin, TX.