Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul S Chang has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Paul S Chang has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Paul S Chang has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 33
I've been seeing Dr. Chang as my primary care physician since 2002. In my entire life, I have never been happier and more comfortable with a doctor. I feel well known and understood, and he has never failed to provide help for any of medical needs. Dr. Chang always takes the time necessary to explain whatever is going on, its impact and what options are open to me. And he has a wonderful dry sense of humor which brightens what may otherwise have been a frightening or tense moment. I can not praise him highly enough.
I choose Dr. Chang because he was recommended by a neighbor who works at the hospital. In my last physical I needed a Pap test and requested a female doctor or PA for the test and shared my discomfort in having a male (Dr. Chang) in the room. I was assured it would be no problem. Some women could care less but I was uncomfortable and had placed my trust in them by sharing my concern and making a request that should have been pretty simple. Right in the middle of the exam Dr. Chang came waltzing in with a loud and laughing demeanor and actually touched me completely disrespectfully as he looked in my eyes. I was outraged and I will never go back. If I can't feel safe with my doctor respecting my needs then I can't feel safe with him helping me with my medical concerns.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
35 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Dr. Paul S Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Care Of Fairview, 136 Charlotte Hwy, Asheville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul S Chang in this video.
Dr. Paul S Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.