Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul D Schorr has the following 2 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Paul D Schorr has the following 5 expertise
- CT Scan
- PET Scan
Dr. Paul D Schorr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Paul D Schorr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr Schorr is a great doctor, so intelligent. I love that he listens and does not try to put me on all kinds of prescriptions. For 6 years I have had 3 doctors and 2 pharmacists allow me to split metropolol 200 mg extended release in half to save money. I only need 100 mg. It does say on the internet that it is okay, however it says it is not recommended or always safe to split extended release or coated pills in half. When I asked him if he would give me the 200 mg to split to save money he said that it is not a good idea because it is extended release. Wow, I am doing better now. My 2 previous doctors tried to give me anxiety medicine and anti-depressants even though I do not need them, I always refuse medication that is not necessary. When I had anxiety and insomnia he prescribed a small amount of 15 pills which is great because I never use a full bottle of 30 and they end up expired and thrown out. I didn't need them yet because I think the name brand Toprol being taken correctly is working. So far so good. Thanks Dr Schorr.
39 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1979
Lenox Hill Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHillcrest Radiology Associates, 8015 164th St, Jamaica, NY
Dr. Paul D Schorr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jamaica, NY.