Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul M Sheehan has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Showing 5 of 8
I normally don't review, but I felt the need to since I'm still bothered. He saw my 2 year old last night after his fever reached nearly 104 for third day in a row. It was the weekend so needed to go to ER instead of waiting for his pedi. He spent a total of 2 minutes with my son (fine, I get it--it's the ER), said his ear/throat were red and to see his pediatrician Tuesday (umm..obviously). What offended me (yes, quite petty in retrospect, but it still bothered me) was the fact that he tried "relating" to me by referring to an english term in spanish. First, I am half-hispanic, but don't speak it (unfortunately). I was caught off guard, since I NEVER use that word (we are an educated English speaking family). He clearly speaks English, as he knew I did as well. His question to me was, "What other symptoms?" I said, "congested, stuffy nose." His response was, "you mean, mocos?" I was caught off guard since (1) we speak english, not spanish, and (2) even if we DID speak spanish, I was speaking to him perfectly clear in english. I don't know why he thought he needed to use that word when CLEARLY we both understand and speak perfect English. Yes, I got offended. If I speak perfect english, there's absolutely no need to refer to ANYTHING in another language. And if that was his odd way of being funny, he failed.
Dr. Sheehan attended to my mother when she went to the emergency room with shortness of breath. Within *5* minutes, he had tests ordered, respiratory therapy, and a plan to have her admitted. He truly knew the golden hour and sought to have the tests ready for her primary physician so she could get help and admitted since her problem was beyond the ER.If you ever go to Baptist East, request Dr. Sheehan, even though the other doctors are caring and accurate as well.
Dr. Paul M Sheehan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Hermann Hospital Southeast, 11800 Astoria Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. Paul M Sheehan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.