Dr. Paul A Skierczynski Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Paul A Skierczynski?

Dr Ski has been my Endocrinologist for many years. He is extremely professional. Do not expect to "shoot the breeze," he is not interested in your private personal life. However he is interested in your health and well being. He will give you exceptional professional care. And really that's what is needed.

Dr. Ski, as he is known, has no bedside manner. I always felt I was being quizzed or grilled on what I knew about my diabetes, pump, etc. I would write questions down to ask him, but when I asked, he would not answer them directly, or at all. He seemed to rush through the appointment. I wanted a doctor who would work with me, talk to me on an adult level and answer my questions, while giving me good advice. I did not feel he did that well. I tried to give the relationship time, but decided a change to another doctor was in my best interest. I think he was knowledgeable, but not a great people person. Like I am the boss, not questions.

Not Recommended

I saw Dr. Skierczynski a few years ago and although I've had worse experiences, it was not great. He did ask questions, but then just said that none of my health problems could possibly be linked to any endo issues, despite being referred by my primary care and other specialists. The only problem is that recently I have been diagnosed with two endo conditions, and after requesting the notes he typed from our visit, it appears that he believed that I may be a hypochondriac. In summary, he didn't accurately diagnose me, and because of his absolute certainty in his own abilities I then automatically must be a hypochondriac. Funny how that works. Avoid this one!

This guy is awful

I can't take synthroid and this dr. did not want to have anything to do with me. Told me I was a hypochrondirac. Then prescribled a new form of synthroid that worked. Once he put his hands on my shoulders and marched me out of the room down the hall to the receptionist. I think he is a condescending jerk and a male chaveuvanist. YOu can do better than this guy. Go someplace else.

Not recommended for diabetic pregnancy

Dr. Skierczynski was my doctor when I became pregnant. It was as if he had never seen a diabetic pregnancy and he totally over-reacted by recommending immediate hospitalization. Once hospitalized, though, he was unresponsive to pages that would allow the hospital to administer my needed insulin. It was hours before he saw me and created more worry and fear than comfort, which was unnecessary, as I was a healthy T1 diabetic at the time of my pregancy.

Poor Choice

Not a good experience for me. It is difficult to reach a person at the office. I frequently get voicemail. I was scheduled for RAI treatment and not informed that I need 5 days off of work due to radiation exposure. I had to reschedule my appointment and adjust my work/life. Another concern is lack of communication. Do yourself a favor, go elsewhere.

I had to wait a while, but the staff was very friendly and I liked how his assistant (Jeremy Grogg?) saw me first and got the background information. Then when Dr. Skierczynski was able to come in the room the other doctor was able to summarize all my yammering down into about 45 seconds. It was pretty impressive. They seemed like they worked well together and had the whole process down. Also I was impressed with one of the nurse practitioners in the section (can't think of her name). She seemed very concerned about me and was more helpful even than any of the GPs I had seen.