Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr MD
Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Daly City, CA, with another office in San Francisco, CA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr has 2 locations
1199 Bush St Ste 200
San Francisco, CA 94109
Book Online Now
Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr has the following 8 expertise
- Spinal Stenosis
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Spinal Fusion
- Herniated Disc
- Back Injuries
- Spinal Fractures
Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr - Posted on November 3rd, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr - Posted on May 6th, 2015
He was up front about what he could do and what he couldn't. Anterior and posterior fusion gave me some quality of life back. I still have some pain, yet I am able to travel, go friends houses for BBQs, drive, and cut down on medication. I also have been able to go back to work and feel much better about myself
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr - Posted on March 21st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr - Posted on March 4th, 2014
Best Spine Doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr - Posted on July 10th, 2011
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2016, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
30 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1988
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
Chinese Community Health Plan
- Chinese Community Health Plan
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr
Dr. Slosar is an orthopaedic spine surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and the American Board of Spine Surgery. He has been in practice since 1994 and has been with SpineCare Medical Group since 1997. He is the current President of the group. Dr. Slosar is also the Medical Director of the Spine Care Institute of San Francisco, Co-Director of the San Francisco Spine Institute and Director of Surgical Research. Dr Slosar has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Spine Surgeons in the United States by Becker's Orthopedic and Spine Review as well as a Super Doctor ® of San Francisco. He has been named to the prestigious US News and World Report®/ Castle Connolly Top Doctor® list in 2013, 2014, and 2015. Dr. Slosar has authored over 20 original articles in peer-reviewed journals, 6 book chapters, and has given numerous podium presentations at national and international meetings. He is frequently invited to instruct other surgeons on new technologies and techniques. Dr. Slosar is an editorial board member for several medical journals, including SPINE and The Spinal Research Foundation Journal, as well as serving as an oral board examiner for the both the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and American Board of Spine Surgery. Dr. Slosar serves on the Board of Directors of The American Board of Spinal Surgery and The Spinal Research Foundation. He is a member in good standing of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, The North American Spine Society, and The International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine, as well as several local and state medical societies. He has been selected by the Medical Board of California as an expert reviewer in spinal surgery. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Slosar collaborates with companies in an advisory capacity to develop new technologies and improve spinal surgery techniques. His current research interests include minimally invasive surgical techniques, spinal motion-preservation technology, implant surface technologies, and emerging health-care delivery models.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine in Daly City, CA, in this video.
Dr. Paul J Slosar Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Daly City, CA.