Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul J Tawney
Dr. Paul J Tawney, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Durham, NC. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Spinal Cord Injury Medicine and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Dr. Tawney is affiliated with Unc Memorial Hospital. Dr. Tawney has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul J Tawney has the following 2 specialties
- Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Paul J Tawney has the following 9 expertise
- Surgery Recovery
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Sports Medicine
- Nerve Damage
- Chronic Pain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
Dr. Paul J Tawney is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr Tawney was the most courteous, caring and helpful doctor I have ever seen. He answered all my questions, gave me advice on how to help my back pain, and laughed with me to help ease the situation. I would recommend Dr Tawney to anyone needing help with back injuries. Like he told me, "You can't start jogging by running a marathon". Thanks for the advice Doc!
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Tawney is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Paul J Tawney accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Coventry Carelink - Duke Medicine Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Carolina Orthopedic Clinic, 3609 SW Durham Dr, Durham, NC
Dr. Paul J Tawney is similar to the following 1 Doctors near Durham, NC.