Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul H Toomer has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Paul H Toomer has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
Dr. Paul H Toomer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 24
Dr Toomer is one EXCEPTIONAL doctor and he's got amazing character and bedside manners. Many women in my family has been going to him for over 20 years. The wait time is minimal, he never rushes you out of the office and makes sure all your questions are answered. He cares a great deal about every single patient having just watched his demeanor with other people. Above all this he's incredibly intelligent and his sections regarding my health always are in line with what my gut tells me. He's vet thorough and aggressive in getting something resolved. He's basically the BEST doctor in the area.
This is the first time in my life I write a review. And by the way, I'm doing a favor to the human kind. I was pregnant of my third child. Because I am 40, I was very concerned about my pregnancy. When I went to this "doctor" he was so positive that he was going to help me to go through my pregnancy that I decided to keep on going. When I was 3 months pregnant I had a little bit of blood and called him on Friday at 8 am. I was on the way to an event but I had to wait for him to call me back. I called him again 3 times and left messages. He called me at noon. I told I was on the way to his office but he had to wait because I was 25 minutes away. He says, "Oh no, you're too far, I can't wait. You're going to be ok. If you get worse, give me a call." Three hours later I have the worse pain ever. Then I page him and he says, "Obviously I'm not at my office and there is nothing I can do for you. Go to the emergency." Up to this point, I was ok with it. But later, when we finally have a chance to talk, he was able to tell me that he didn't say that but I was busy in an event. He was able to tell me that I refused to go see him. Of course, he was afraid of a lawsuit. So, that's why I'm writing this review. Because I hate people with such a character. In my opinion, he should lose his license just for the fact that he's a liar. One more thing. He doesn't even have an ultrasound in his office. There is someone who comes on Wednesdays to do ultrasound for him and it's a rip off. They charged me 4 times than the regular price. I heard that this doctor was horrible and cruel when he is about to deliver your baby and nice during the pregnancy. But I didn't believe and unfortunately was not that lucky during the pregnancy. Of course, I had a MC. There are so many doctors out there, don't take a chance. He is a fake. Oh... and he won an award as the most compassionate doctor! Based on what? Run away from him!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
46 Years Experience
Meharry Medical College
Graduated in 1972
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. Paul H Toomer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsConejo Medical Group For Women, 2190 Lynn Rd Ste 290, Thousand Oaks, CA
Dr. Paul H Toomer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Thousand Oaks, CA.