Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul L Urban
Dr. Paul L Urban, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ocala, FL, with another office in Ocala, FL. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Urban is affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical Center. Dr. Urban has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul L Urban has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Renal Artery Stenosis
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Stress Testing
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Catheterization
- Electric Countershock (Cardioversion)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Failure
Showing 5 of 22
If you have a problem don't contact the office staff every time you tell them your issue they say they will call you back I have waited 4 days for someone to call sometimes never at all end up calling office and nobody has given Drs. The message hope you don't have a emergency you will be waiting a long time for a responds if any.Better off going to emergency room rather than call office...
In Year 2000, I had a "widow-maker" (LADCA) blockage with difficult stenting. Due to Dr. Urban's expertise, I'm still alive at 85! Initially, the doctor who referred him to me advised that in his opinion, Dr. Urban was the only local specialist who could help me...It's definitely time that I write this belated review of thanks to him and also his wonderful staff of care-givers....My annual checkups are a pleasure to keep!
Dr. Urban is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1977
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Paul L Urban accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul L Urban in this video.
Dr. Paul L Urban is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.