Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Paul E Vassil has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Heart Failure
- Diabetes Complications
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Vassil is that perfect balance of being a friend and a caretaker. I feel I can talk to him about difficult things in my life, and he is objective, empathetic, and nonjudgmental.He is prompt to follow through on test results, particularly if abnormal, and he is willing to go to bat with insurance companies if needed, rather than giving up at the first hurdle.I have sent several of my friends his way, and all have been pleased and thanked me for doing so! Very caring and engaging.
Dr Vassil is thorough, personable and remembers things about me the person, not the medical history.Specialists I've gone to have been impressed with how much he has managed me without their assistance and how competently he has done so! I feel he is a good balance between being a healer when he needs to be and holding me accountable when I need that, too. I have sent several friends of mine to Dr Vassil, and they all have thanked me for doing so.
I saw Dr Vassil because my normal MD was away--this was a godsend--he was prepared, made good eye contact and made me feel like I was HIS pt, not one he "had" to see in his colleague's absence.My wife told me i needed to change to him, and since I have, he has saved my life at least once with his attention to detail.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Pinnacle Health System
Dr. Paul E Vassil accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWellspan Family And Pediatric Medicine, 2320 Rothsville Rd Ste 200, Lititz, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Paul E Vassil in this video.
Dr. Paul E Vassil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lititz, PA.