Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Vaughan
Dr. Paul Vaughan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Vaughan is affiliated with UT Southwestern Medical Center/William P Clements Jr University Hospital, Medical City Denton and Rhd Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Vaughan has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. Paul Vaughan has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Paul Vaughan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Vaughan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UT Southwestern Medical Center/William P Clements Jr University Hospital
Medical Center Of Lewisville
Pinecreek Medical Center
UT Southwestern St. Paul Hospital
RHD Memorial Medical Center
Baylor Regional Medical Center at Plano
Forest Park Med Cetr
1st Street Hospital
Pine Creek Medical Center
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
THE HEART HOSPITAL Baylor Plano
41 Years Experience
Dalhousie University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Paul Vaughan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsDallas Pain & Anesthesia Associates, 9080 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX
Dr. Paul Vaughan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.