4.7

Have you seen Dr. Paul W Nelson?

You would be fortunate to have Dr. Paul Nelson watching over your love one

Dr. Paul W Nelson - surgeon My mother’s sudden illness put us into the middle of the nightmare that is our current healthcare system. It was infuriating. There were so many teams of Doctors. Each individual doctor we dealt with was kind and the nurses were compassionate in most cases, but the system is obviously broken. My mother was discharged and within a day we had problems. Since she was no longer admitted to the hospital, no one was taking responsibility to return my call. Then I get a call from Dr. Nelson. “I heard you were looking for me.” He was the one person I had not called as I didn’t have questions of a surgical nature, but since I had his attention I told him my concerns. He was kind enough to open my mother’s records and make sure he was talking to me with the knowledge of her full case. It was his interaction that brought us from a terminal diagnosis to one of hope. It turned out that she was a candidate for a procedure they had previously seen no value in. That could be the end of the story, but it’s not. Dr. Nelson performed my mother’s surgery. She was in the hospital for 8 days post-surgery. EVERY day Dr. Nelson stopped in her room – at all hours of the day – to check on her. He did not miss a day. He initially comes us a little dry and matter-of-fact, but he was honest and consistent. When we got him to crack a smile it felt like we earned it! He was compassionate to the confusion and frustrations of being weak and afraid. When he told her she was capable of doing something, it surely was believable, because he doesn’t seem like one to pull any punches or sugar coat things. He was obviously confident in his abilities and knowledge and my entire family came to look forward to our interactions with Dr. Nelson. When Mom was afraid and lacking confidence that she could get her strength back, he gave her the reassurance with a confidence that she didn’t question. It changed her belief in herself. As a family, we found ourselves looking to him for the voice of reason when things got confusing between the teams of Doctors. He’s the one we came to trust. He told her she was ready to go before anyone else did. There were disagreements in pathways between the teams, but he was right. Before she was released he came to us and made sure we had contact information for him. He told us that he was there to help us if we have any questions, concerns, or need help after she went home. The day she was released I had to fill prescriptions for her and hit a hurdle of one of her medications needing pre-approval with her insurance company – on Thanksgiving. Calls to all the doctors that had prescribed the medication netted no return calls. He called me the day after her release and when I saw his name on my phone, it felt like a trusted family friend calling. “How is my patient doing?” He wasn’t done with her just because she had been discharged. I told him about the problem I’d had and he asked me to just call him if we hit roadblocks like that in the future. We don’t want to take advantage of his kind nature, but when it is your loved one, you do what you have to do. He has made it seem like we do have an advocate in the mess. She will need to see him again for a surgical follow up. We are all looking forward to seeing him in the future. But this doctor feels like family to us now and we hope we get to run into him plenty of other places outside of the hospital. We would whole-heartedly recommend Dr. Nelson for both his surgical skills and his humanity. Anyone would be fortunate to have him in their corner.

Excellence in the Medical Field

This establishment is one of the most professional medical centers my brother and i have ever been to, and we’ve been to a lot in Las Vegas. He had a small surgical procedure where they were super clean, very descriptive on every detail they executed, and overall professional and caring about executing it to perfection. my brother felt more than comfortable with everyone too. Their positive energy really radiates from all the beautiful, wholehearted front desk associates, to all the pristine, well educated doctors. The environment is really clean too which is a huge deal for us. Everyone here truly cares about your health and well being. It’s amazing! We highly recommend you choosing this care facility because you’ll definitely, without a doubt, be fully satisfied and completely fulfilled, with every question rightfully answered and explained to you with extensive and complete detail. It’s people like this who make the world a more healthier, beautiful place. Thank you from both of us!

Type 2 Diabetes

Dr. Paul W Nelson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Las Vegas, NV.

Dr. Paul W Nelson Is this you?