Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Paul Wagner
Dr. Paul Wagner, MD, FACP is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Dr. Wagner is affiliated with Scripps Green Hospital, TRI CITY MEDICAL CENTER and Fallbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Paul Wagner has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
Dr. Paul Wagner has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Paul Wagner is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
There's a really good reason Dr. Wagner and San Diego Medical Group have bad reviews: it's because they really are that bad. Dr. Wagner is a condescending quack with zero bedside manner. He acts as if you're wasting his time. I hate leaving bad reviews but I feel like every potential patient needs to know this stuff. I went to Dr. Wagner because I've been having a serious issue regarding my lower back, and he didn't even examine me. He sat at his computer for the entire visit. Never touched me except to shake my hand when he came in the room. When I asked him if I should be concerned about my issue he said yes, absolutely. Then he said if I have any more problems with it I should go to the ER. That's what I'm here for, you sorry excuse for a human being. This guy is as bad as a doctor can get, and I really mean that. He should be sanctioned. Not only are the doctors at San Diego Medical Group dismal, but if you want an appointment at this place you have to wait weeks because apparently they're so busy. I honestly can't see why.
This office staff is caring courteous and responsive. Dr Wagner is a good listener and smart. his N P Kelly Holt competent and responsive. Connie Johnson is patient and helpful with computer issues especially if you are a new user to their patient portal system . I rate this 4 out of 4 when it comes to first rate care.
Do NOT use this doctor! The staff took FOREVER to verify prescription. He has the RUDEST staff I have ever encountered. He interrupts you when you speak, so he can usher you out the door and collect his money. He does not care what you have to say, and he seems annoyed if you try to ask him anything regarding your health.STAY AWAY
Dr. Wagner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Sharp Chula Vista Hospital
25 Years Experience
University Of Sydney
Graduated in 1992
Mercy Hospital & Medical Center
Dr. Paul Wagner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Humana Choice POS
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSan Diego Medical Group, 4060 4th Ave, San Diego, CA
Dr. Paul Wagner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.